Custom Search
Add to Technorati Favorites

Prostate Relief

All Your Supplement Needs

Friday, May 28, 2010

Personal Status Update!

I just wanted to give the viewers of my blog a personal status update since most of the content lately hasn't been personal blogs.

I made a trip to my urologist this week for a checkup. It was my first trip back since the end of 2009 when I still had a slightly enlarged prostate.

The doctor performed the dreaded DRE(Digital Rectal Exam). Upon the examination I was told my prostate was back to normal size. There were no abnormalities found during the exam.

Just as a precaution there was another PSA(Prostate Specific Antigen) blood test done as well. I got those results back today with great results. My PSA score was at 0.8 ng/ml which was even lower than it was last year.

The urologist asked me about diet & supplements again. I told him that I'm still going strong on supplements & eat a well balanced & organic/natural diet. He said the blood test results showed nearly all major concerns in the range needed & some even better than expected. I told him it was due to the supplements,diet,& exercise for my newly found health.

He didn't disagree either. He was very pleased with my results & said to just keep doing what I'm currently doing. I told him not to worry that I'm sticking with my plan. It's great to have my health & lifestyle back.

It's indeed a feeling of a brighter outlook on life now & this is coming from a man of faith. I once lost about all that faith but I'm glad to be here telling my story now. Thanks for viewing my blog & feel free to email me any questions or post your comments/questions on my blog. Thanks!

9 comments:

  1. Diet is very important when it comes to prostate problems.there are certain foods that are not quite allowed when you suffer from the disease.
    EMR

    ReplyDelete
  2. So it is logical friend, who does not want your disease is cured completely and more if the prostate cancer causes very strong pains and could you bear to know, unlike most people who use vicodin, hydrocodone and lortab to control those doloores unbearable, I have several friends who have it and it is really hard to know bear ..
    Joan Sura
    Findrxonline

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I'm not fully understanding your comments! Are you a native English speaker? Anyhow, I can honestly consider myself pretty much cured. I now live a very normal life without any sort of prescription meds whatsoever. I do still take supplements but that all.

    I eat healthy and drink tons of water daily. I exercise regularly and this is very important. Diet and exercise, in my opinion, are the two most important things to gaining and keeping good health. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello tony my name is DK I have a few ?? 1st what supplements do you use and do you smoke or drink. My doc did dre on me it was not fun anyway I was told I have a mildly enlarged prostate I do drink every now and again and on the normal basis I smoke weed on the daily I work out about five days a week weights runnig got get back to swiming. I try to eat right verry little fried foods and atleast one salad a day can you give me smoe tips

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Tony for the post. I found it interesting since you are talking about prostate cancer and it's really not a simple thing to be cured. Though I am wondering what supplements did you take? Could what you did because I am so conscious with my husband's prostate health as well

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tracy:

    I was taking several supplements for quite a while. I still take a prostate support supplement. I did stop taking zinc but get zinc from my multi-vitamin now. Diet and exercise are the most important things.

    I drink purified water with some juices made strictly from juicing. The only other liquid I put into my body is Green Tea.

    I eat tons of fish(fresh salmon,sardines,kepper,tuna) along with fresh fruits and veggies. I eat broccoli every single day. I don't eat any added sugars and the only sweetener I use is stevia. I eat nuts and seeds of all kinds for snacks.

    Men need to realize how important eating healthy is before it's too late. I learned a hard lesson but now I know how to maintain my prostate health.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I understand. That's a good diet. That's really a healthy lifestyle, I must say. I'll tell my husband to do the same thing. I am afraid of his condition since I know how hard it would be if the diagnosed prostate problem was true. As of now, we are advised to do second testing. Do you happen to know foods that could trigger prostate cancer?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tell your husband to stay away from high fructose corn syrup, added sugars, coffee, caffeine, fast food,& processed foods. If you can afford it buy organic/natural foods. If you can't wash all your fruits & veggies before eating.

    Tell him to avoid most meats. Fish and turkey are the only meats that I consume now. Get fresh fish and natural turkey. Bake the meats instead of frying. It's okay to fry if you use extra virgin olive oil. Sugar and process foods/preservatives are the most cancer causing agents added in foods.

    If you notice store bought food, nearly all have some type of added sugar. High fructose corn syrup is very bad for anybody. It's a cancer causing agent and you can Google to find out. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

 
Custom Search

SEO Meta Tags Generator

EatonWeb Blog Directory